These DIY Valentine photo cards with lollipops make it look like your child is actually holding the lollipop! What a fun card to make for Valentine’s Day.
Homemade kids lollipop Valentine cards
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and that means finding photo Valentine card ideas for your children to give to their classmates. Would you like to do something creative and cute yet really inexpensive and easy? This lollipop Valentine card craft is so cute!
Make photo cards for Valentine’s Day
When I asked to take a photo of my little guy, he really didn’t understand when I asked him to hold his hand up towards the camera for this DIY Valentine card. But he giggled with delight when he saw the finished product: DIY Valentine photo cards with his happy little face practically handing you the airplane lollipops he picked out himself!
DIY Kids Lollipop Valentine Cards
You only need a few things to make these picture Valentine cards:
- A printed 5×7 photo of your child posed with their hand prominently shown
- Colored 8.5×11 paper for the card and its frame
- Adhesive (I used Glue Dots, or you can use clear tape)
- A precision or exacto knife for crafting
- A flat or low-profile lollipop
Instructions to make our lollipop Valentines DIY project
1. Take a photograph of your child with their arm extended and instruct them to fold their hand over into a loose fist, as though they were holding a stick. Make sure their arm is slightly on the outside so that the lollipop does not cover their face.
2. Next, grab your exacto knife and cut a small slit at both the top and the bottom of the fist of the hand in the photo.
3. Slip the stick of the lollipop through the slits, making sure it fits nice and snug in between. If the lollipop is loose, you can apply a small clear piece of tape to secure the lollipop on the back of the card.
4. Mount the picture either directly on the card, or on another rectangle piece of patterned paper, and then onto the card. Be careful not to glue down the slits or the lollipop. There you have it – a wonderful DIY photo Valentine card with a lollipop!
Tips to make a DIY Valentine card:
- Choose a lollipop that is flat. That way it slides in and stays in position easier on your DIY Valentine photo cards.
- Put a Glue Dot or a clear piece of tape on the back of the lollipop to hold it in position.
- When you are adhering the picture to the next piece of paper, concentrate around the outside of where the lollipop will be slipped into the picture so it is not glued to the back of the card.
- Find something cute to write or print inside the card. Better yet, have your child write it! We are going to say “You are just plane awesome”! Such cute photo Valentine card ideas!
Have fun making these homemade Valentines!
If you are looking for lollipop Valentine ideas, these custom cards are really cute! We hope you enjoy these Valentine photo cards and we would love to see what you came up with! Tag us on social media with your photos!
Here are some more Valentines ideas for students: