These holiday candle favors are the perfect Christmas table setting for your guests. I have partnered with Glade® to decorate my home for the holidays, I love how these DIY holiday candle favors turned out!
Remember when I showed you all my Christmas dinner table decorations? Well, I made these cute little Glade® candle favors for the table place settings, they double as decoration and a keepsake for guests!
We always host Christmas at our house, so I have to be sure that it is holiday ready. I have been sharing our home decorations with the Simple Holiday Home series, showing you all how I have decorated this year in a DIY, budget friendly fashion. It’s very easy and super affordable to make these holiday candle favors for your place settings, you just need a few items and a little crafty desire and skill. Here we go!
Simple Holiday Home: DIY Holiday Candle Favors for The Christmas Table
To make 4 place settings, you will need:
- 4 Glade® Limited Edition Holiday Scented Candles (I used Frosted Berry Kiss)
- wire ribbon
- 4 chargers
- 4 decorative plates
- 4 holiday decorative napkins
- hot glue gun
You can start shopping at the dollar store. I was able to get everything but the candles and the burlap there, spending under $20 for everything. To make each place setting, start with the Glade® candle favors…
1. Remove the paper wrapping from the candle. Measure a strip of burlap around your candle, fold down to expose the upper glass area of the candle, and hot glue the burlap strip to adhere to the candle.
2. Take a long strip of ribbon and tie it around the center of the burlap strip. My ribbon was about 3 feet long per candle.
3. Tie a small knot, nice and tight so it does not slide off of the candle. Make sure that the entire length of the ribbon is on one side only, leaving a small piece on the other side.
4. Now you should have one long side of ribbon. Fold the ribbon back and forth, making a loop on each side. Continue this until there is a small amount of ribbon left, about 2 inches. Be sure you are holding it in the center so it doesn’t unravel.
5. Wrap the remaining ribbon around the center of the bow you just made, tying it around the back of the ribbon strip on the candle to hold it in place. Tie a knot with both short ends of the ribbon behind the bow.
6. Pull out the loops on each side of the bow and arrange them the way you want them to look. Cut off all visible ribbon pieces from the knot you tied behind the bow in step 5.
Now you’ll need to put the holiday place setting together. From the bottom up, place the charger, decorative plate, folded decorative napkin, then the holiday candle favor on top. Position each table setting in front of each respective chair, adding silverware, wine glasses, and other table items.
I absolutely love how they turned out, and I can’t wait for our guests to see them on Christmas day!
Glade® Holiday Cheer: ‘This Is My Wish’ and Toys for Tots
Glade® has gotten into the holiday spirit , has partnering with Jordin Sparks and the Young People’s Chorus of New York®, to create an original holiday song, “This is My Wish”. You can get a free download of the song and music video at Glade.com/ThisIsMyWish. Also, Glade® is making sure that kids don’t go without a gift this year by donating $150,000 to Toys for Tots! To help spread holiday cheer, share the new video via your Facebook or Twitter using the hashtags #bestfeelings and #mywish.