These DIY holiday candle favors are the perfect Christmas table setting for your guests. I have partnered with Glade® to decorate my home for the holidays, I love how these DIY holiday candle favors turned out!
Cute homemade Christmas table favors
Remember when I showed you all my Christmas dinner table decorations? Well, I made these cute little Glade® candle favors for the table place settings, they double as decoration and a keepsake for guests!
Cute Holiday Table Favors to Make
We always host Christmas at our house, so I have to be sure that it is holiday-ready. I have been sharing our home decorations with the Simple Holiday Home series, showing you all how I have decorated this year in a DIY, budget-friendly fashion. It’s very easy and super affordable to make these DIY holiday candle favors for your place settings, you just need a few items and a little crafty desire and skill. Here we go!
DIY Christmas Candle Favors for Your Table
To make 4 place settings, you will need:
- 4 Glade® Limited Edition Holiday Scented Candles (I used Frosted Berry Kiss)
- wire ribbon
- 4 chargers
- 4 decorative plates
- 4 holiday decorative napkins
- hot glue gun
You can start shopping at the dollar store. I was able to get everything but the candles and the burlap there, spending under $20 for everything. To make each place setting, start with the Glade® candle favors…
Here’s how to make these holiday table favors
1. To start making these DIY holiday candles, remove the paper wrapping from the candle. Measure a strip of burlap around your candle, fold down to expose the upper glass area of the candle, and hot glue the burlap strip to adhere to the candle.
2. Take a long strip of ribbon and tie it around the center of the burlap strip. My ribbon was about 3 feet long per candle.
3. Tie a small knot, nice and tight so it does not slide off of the candle. Make sure that the entire length of the ribbon is on one side only, leaving a small piece on the other side.
4. Now you should have one long side of the ribbon. Fold the ribbon back and forth, making a loop on each side. Continue this until there is a small amount of ribbon left, about 2 inches. Be sure you are holding it in the center so it doesn’t unravel.
5. Wrap the remaining ribbon around the center of the bow you just made, tying it around the back of the ribbon strip on the candle to hold it in place. Tie a knot with both short ends of the ribbon behind the bow.
6. Pull out the loops on each side of the bow and arrange them the way you want them to look. Cut off all visible ribbon pieces from the knot you tied behind the bow in step 5.
Set up the holiday table place settings
Now you’ll need to put the holiday place setting together. From the bottom up, place the charger, decorative plate, folded decorative napkin, then the holiday candle favor on top. Position each table setting in front of each respective chair, adding silverware, wine glasses, and other table items.
Now, admire your cute candle creation…
Enjoy your holiday season gatherings!
I absolutely love how they turned out, and I can’t wait for our guests to see them on Christmas day! See our Simple Holiday Home decor ideas for the guest bathroom and decorating ideas for the holiday mantle. For more information about Glade® products, you can visit them online, and follow along with their Facebook and Twitter pages.