These awesome after school snack ideas for kids are healthy, easy, and delicious foods to make that your kids will love to try!
Easy afterschool snacks for kids
When school’s out for the day, the kids come home super HUNGRY! Mine get tired of the same old snack ideas, so these after-school snack ideas will keep both your kids and your wallet happy and healthy!
10 after school snack ideas that your kids will LOVE eating
If your kids are like mine, they get bored with the same old foods. I like to try to change it up a bit for them, but there’s no need to offer pre-packaged sugar fests or items from the calorie cafe. Try some of these healthy afterschool snack ideas to make.
1. Apple Sandwiches with Peanut Butter, Oats, and Raisins – What a fun idea, grab some sliced apples and slather them with peanut buttery goodness! Top with oats and raisins, then pop on the top. Kids can actually make these themselves.
2. Veggie Plate or Muffin Tin with Ranch Dip – Put plenty of vegetables of all colors surrounding a ranch dip on a plate. I use carrots, corn, black beans, celery, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes. Kids love to dip! I still love this ice cube tray food idea for toddlers, where you can separate each food item for easy pickens.
4. Strawberry Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits – My kids love this one, it’s one of the easiest after school snack ideas to make. Simply layer your favorite light yogurt, sliced strawberries, and granola in a bowl. Voila!
5. DIY butterfly snack bags – These are creative snack bags that make it fun to try different fruits, nuts, and crackers in the shape of a butterfly. Fill these with your favorite snacks, packing these butterfly snack bags in your child’s lunch is the perfect way to start off the school year with a smile.
6. Rainbow Fruit Kabobs – Grab a few wooden skewers and your kids’ favorite fruits in different colors and make some fun snack kabobs. Nothing like creating their own snack, then eating it!
7. Cranberry Chocolate Chip Energy Bites – Oats, almond butter, and honey set the stage for these tasty little morsels. Cranberries and mini chocolate chips sweeten the deal. You’ll be better off making these ahead of time, they should last all week.
8. Homemade Applesauce – There’s nothing like fresh, preservative-free foods, so we make our own applesauce from time to time. This is fun because you can change up the flavors each time you make it. Learn how to make all-natural strawberry apple sauce.
9. Mini Pizzas – How about this idea from Make and Takes, have your kids customize their own mini pizza! Use English muffins as the pizza dough and top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and other ingredients. Pop in the oven until the cheese is melted.
10. Build Your Own Cracker Sandwich Bar – Put out plenty of Ritz crackers, cheese slices, salami, tomato slices, and other fun foods. The kids can have at it, making their own cracker sandwiches. Such fun after school snack ideas!
What are your kids’ favorite after school snacks?
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
I love the apple sandwiches! What a neat idea. I know my kids would love those. We also make the mini pizzas. Thanks for the ideas!
Oh my those apples sandwiches look good right now. Love the addition of the oats. I know my son would like that.
awesome snacks girl!!
Great snack ideas! I love it! I JUST bookmarked this page to try these recipes, thank you for sharing, I also tweeted and shared on google+
Thanks for sharing the fruit kabob idea! Your blog is great! I have pinned this to my Pinterest boards and I look forward to following your future posts!
Geez you’re fast!
No problem, I love sharing and I appreciate the wonderful idea!