Our savory bacon and parmesan hash brown potato cakes recipe is such a wonderful way to jazz up your breakfast. Add these flavorful parmesan hash brown patties to your brunch menu!
Bacon and parmesan potato cakes
What do you get when you combine breakfast favorites with the savory flavors of parmesan, garlic, and thyme? These amazing breakfast bacon and parmesan potato hash cakes!
We love the warmth of hash browns in the morning, they’re crispy, flavorful and my kids love them. I decided to spruce them up a bit, adding bacon, KRAFT parmesan cheese, garlic, green onions, and spices to the recipe. I love the way it turned out!
If your family loves breakfast potatoes and hash browns, try these at home. I stopped by my local Vons, which is a Safeway store, to pick up all of the ingredients. KRAFT Natural Cheeses are always fresh, so the stand-up pouch of parmesan worked perfectly!
Savory Bacon Parmesan Hash Brown Potato Cakes
This hash brown potato cakes recipe is easy to make and these shredded potato patties are very flavorful. Here is what you will need to get started:
Ingredients needed to make potato hash brown cakes:
- Shredded potatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Green onions
- Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream (optional, but yummy)
Step 1: Mix all hash brown ingredients in a large bowl
Combine the potatoes, KRAFT parmesan, garlic, green onions, and spices in a mixing bowl. When thoroughly mixed, gently stir in the bacon, then the egg, making sure to coat the entire mixture.
Step 2: Cook and smash the potato hash cakes
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When it’s ready, scoop the potato hash cakes mixture into the skillet, making little haystacks. Cook each for 5 – 6 minutes on each side then flip them, smashing them down flat.
Step 3: Plate and garnish potato cakes
When finished, remove them from the skillet, top with sour cream, and garnish with extra green onions.
Bacon and Parmesan Hash Brown Potato Cakes
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 large skillet
- 4 cups shredded potatoes fresh or frozen
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup green onions set a little aside for garnish
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. thyme ground or fresh
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, parmesan cheese, garlic, green onions, and spices. Mix thoroughly, then gently stir in the bacon, then the egg, coating the entire mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. When it’s warm, scoop the potato mixture into the skillet, making little haystacks. Cook each for 5 – 6 minutes, then flip them and smash them down flat.
- When finished, remove potato cakes from the skillet, plate them, and garnish with sour cream and the extra green onions.
Make these bacon and cheese potato cakes and ENJOY!
I am so happy I chose KRAFT Natural Cheese in this bacon parmesan hash browns recipe, they come in a new stand-up pouch that uses less packaging, yet still has 2 cups of delicious cheese. Stop by your local Safeway to get your KRAFT Stand Up Cheese pouches, and check out Safeway Just For You online to save more on the products you love.
More breakfast recipes to try
- Thyme Sweet Potato and Scrambled Eggs Hash Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Egg Cups: Turkey Bacon, Egg and Veggie Frittata Minis
- Almond Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe