This post was sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. We’re sharing the top 10 reasons to eat avocados, once you see these, you will be eating them all the time!
How do you like your avocados? Sliced? Diced? Mashed? No matter how you slice it (pun totally intended!), avocados are an absolute favorite around here. We eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert, and I personally like them so much that they’ve become a staple in my household! You don’t have to say too much to get me to eat avocados. Their creamy texture and delicious taste make them a fruit that is made for more than just guacamole – it can go with literally any meal!
While I am well aware that naturally growing fruits and vegetables are good for us to eat, there are so many surprising facts and avocado health benefits that I didn’t know about! Hass Avocados are also full of nutrients, which just gives me lots of reasons to eat more avocado! Here are our favorite reasons to eat avocados and why you should be eating your fair share.
These 10 Reasons To Eat Avocados Will Have You Eating Them All The Time
1. Did you know that avocados go well with tons of different dishes? I love it on scrambled eggs, sandwiches, salads, guacamole, soups, pizza, tacos, and pastas. Even eating them raw with a little salt and pepper is really good, the options are endless!
2. Avocados, which are a fruit although most people think of them as a vegetable, contain less than one gram of sugar per 1-ounce, the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit.
3. Hass Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat and are cholesterol free. Naturally good fats are an important part of a healthy diet.
4. The nutrients in avocados make them a fabulous, healthy substitute for mayonnaise, mustard, and other sandwich spreads. This can help lessen the amount of artificial ingredients and calories you’re eating when you use a natural fruit instead!
5. Avocado contributes nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, making it a good choice to help meet nutrient needs. This is one of the most important reasons to eat avocados!
6. Avocados are free of the top allergens, making is a great fruit to add to your diet. Those who are restricted to gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, vegan, and paleo friendly foods can eat avocados without issue! Note: there is a seed in the middle of each avocado, so be sure you speak with your doctor to make sure it’s ok for you to eat.
7. Hass Avocados act as a “nutrient booster” by helping the body to better absorb fat-soluble nutrients, such as alpha- and beta-carotene and lutein, from foods that are eaten with the fruit. Knowing that they can actually help your body absorb nutrients is one of the top reasons to eat avocados!
8. Here’s one of my favorite helpful avocado tips: the fruit can be used as a substitute for oils and butter in your baked goods. This way, you get a dairy free alternative with all of the naturally good fat instead of unhealthy saturated fat. Also, you’re adding all of those good vitamins and nutrients to your muffins, cakes, and cookies. Learn more about baking with avocados here.
9. To help follow through with your weight loss goals, avocados are a great food to add to your daily regimen. In addition to the nutrients mentioned above, avocados contain only 80 calories in a 50 g. serving, which is one of the top benefits of avocados. They really are a great fruit to eat in place of those empty calorie foods and the perfect post-work out snack!
10. According to a survey by Fresh Avocados – Love One Today®, 53% of consumers are currently dieting, but only 30% are eating several servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Eating avocados is a great way to get more of those fruits and vegetables into your daily diet.
These avocado health benefits just give me more reasons to eat more avocado!
There are so many reasons to eat avocados, and my favorite is that it helps me eat the best foods to maintain a healthy lifestyle. From all of the good fat and nutrients in avocado to the creamy texture, delicious flavor, and other health benefits, it’s no wonder this fruit is so popular and a favorite in my household! For more information about avocado health benefits and recipes to try, visit the Hass Avocado Board online. Also, follow along on social media with their Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram pages!