Life can get messy, and finding mold and mildew in different places around the house can be pretty gross. I am partnering with Clorox® in a sponsored post to share the reasons that cleaning with bleach must be added to your household cleaning routine!
I HATE CLEANING.
There, I said it – and I know I am not alone! Cleaning my house is one of my least favorite tasks in the whole wide world, especially the bathroom. Where there’s water, there’s mold, mildew, and other disgusting things growing, and I have NO INTEREST. Keeping my home very clean is important to me, so I have added cleaning with bleach into my day to day household cleaning routine.
Bleach has always been my go-to disinfectant for my toilet and bathtub. Clorox® Regular Bleach kills 99.9% of germs, bacteria, and other grossness, which gets rid of mold and mildew. I never really paid this much attention, but you can actually use bleach to clean more than laundry and toilets. It disinfects so many more things in your home, which is why you definitely should add cleaning with bleach to your household routine.
5 Reasons Cleaning With Bleach Must Be Added To Your Household Routine
1. You can use Clorox® Regular Bleach on non-porous surfaces and items. Simply dilute 1/2 cup bleach in a gallon of water and use on commonly touched areas: kitchen counter tops, light switches, bathroom counters, refrigerator door handles, cabinet handles, door knobs, sinks, washer and dryers, dishes, cutting boards, and more. Leave the bleach solution on the surface for 10 minutes before wiping.
2. You can disinfect kids toys and belongings. Whether you’ve had a play date that left your house a mess, or you have a teething baby who drools on everything, cleaning with bleach makes this task a breeze. Blocks, sippy cups, teething rings, balls, bath toys and other hard to clean toys can be put in the dishwasher with your regular dish load and cleaned the right way.
3. Your the germs from your pets are no match for bleach! You can sanitize their crates, feeding bowls, and pet toys with the bleach solution mentioned above. Also be sure to wash the areas on the floor around where pets often use these items, allow the bleach solution to sit for 10 minutes before wiping it up.
4. Your bathroom is disgusting and you need bleach to help you out. We all know that bathrooms are gross, probably the grossest place in the home. We shower, pee, poop, spit, sneeze, and wash off all of the filth we accumulate on us as humans. This is the place that needs a good cleaning and Clorox® Bleach is here to save the day! You can use the 1/2 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water solution on almost everything in the bathroom – especially those nasty toilets!
5. Bleach can be used as a preventative measure. Pour directly down drains and toilets on occasion to keep the germs at bay. This will help prevent those traumatic experiences with mold and bacteria with unbearable smells!
Face it, when your toilet is tragic and your kitchen is emitting a grotesque smell, it’s time to reach for the bleach! Cleaning with bleach helps to ensure you’re keeping the germs away on so many things in your home. Messy moments happen, so be prepared and be sure to use gloves and a mask while cleaning with bleach at home.
Share your grossed out bathroom face for a chance to win a Clorox prize pack & $150 gift card!
We’re hosting a contest over on the Honey + Lime Facebook page where you can win a Clorox prize pack + $150 gift card. Visit this Facebook post and share your grossed out bathroom selfie to enter. Be sure to post your photo on our post and use the hashtags #CloroxMeansClean and #sweepstakes to enter. No purchase necessary, contest is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. /D.C., 18 and older. Starts 12:00AM ET on 10/6/2016 and ends 11:59PM ET on 10/31/2016. Void where prohibited. See the official rules here.