These DIY peppermint bath salts in a jar are the perfect homemade holiday gift ideas for anyone in your life! Our peppermint bath soak recipe is perfect to give to those who could use a little relaxation with a wonderful scent that is reminiscent of Christmas!
DIY peppermint bath salts in a jar!
I love love LOVE all things Christmas, and I am so happy that it’s the holiday season! Between shopping, decorating, prepping, and wrapping gifts, I wanted to make sure to give something nice to the folks in my new office. They are the creative, artistic type, and I really wanted to make something they would be thankful for and that they could actually use! I love bath soak recipes, so I thought they would appreciate these DIY peppermint bath salts!
What I love about this bath soak recipe is that it uses Epsom salt (there are plenty of Epsom salt bath benefits) and baking soda (which helps with detoxing, relieves itching, and makes the skin feel silky), and it is scented with lovely peppermint essential oil. This bath soak uses all-natural ingredients, which I think is important when you’re trying to detox, de-stress, and soothe the muscles as it all gets into your body. These Christmas bath salts are pretty easy to make and super cute once you dress them all up with tags and ribbon!
Whether you’re heading to a gift exchange, bringing a hostess gift to a Christmas party, or your friends and family members love all things spa, these DIY peppermint bath salts are a great choice. Give the gift of relaxation with these DIY bath salts in a jar, perfect for anyone who could use some relaxation and a nice holiday peppermint bath soak!
DIY Peppermint Bath Salts Recipe
Makes (2) – 8 oz. wide mouth mason jars, or (1) – 16 oz. wide mouth mason jars
- (2) – 8 oz. mason jars or (1) – 16 oz. mason jar (I used Kerr brand)
- 1-1/2 cups Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 20 drops NOW peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops NOW tea tree essential oil
- 5-10 drops natural red food coloring
- “Peppermint Bath Salts” printable
‘s start making these holiday bath salts! In a large bowl, thoroughly combine Epsom salt and baking soda.
2. Melt your coconut oil, but make sure it’s not hot – warm is ok. I used a coffee mug and heated it up in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Next, add the drops of NOW peppermint essential oil and NOW tea tree essential oil
to the coconut oil liquid and stir.
3. Add the melted coconut oil mixture to the salt and stir to coat the salt mixture completely.
4. Lastly, add the red food coloring drops to the mixture and stir until well combined. Fill jars with peppermint bath salts recipe.
5. Print and cut out the “Peppermint Bath Salts” printable jar labels. Select option to print 6 on a page and they will fit the top of your wide mouth mason jar lids. Hot glue the peppermint bath salts labels to the top of the lid and close.
Note: You can also punch holes in the labels and tie them with ribbon to the outside of the jar like gift tags.
6. Tie ribbon around the outside of the jar, or and you’ve just learned how to make peppermint bath salts in a jar!
Enjoy this peppermint bath soak recipe!
I really love the way that this DIY peppermint bath salts recipe came out, I can’t wait to make more so I can keep a reserve in the bathroom for myself! Have a wonderful holiday season with family and friends, and let me know if you tried out these Christmas bath salts for yourself! Oh, and if you love making homemade holiday gifts, try out this DIY Cranberry Orange Stove Top Potpourri Gift Jars, another great gift to make and give for the holidays!