This easy mini banana cinnamon sugar muffins recipe is delicious and makes the perfect breakfast or homemade bite-sized snack. These mini muffins are such a treat!
The best cinnamon sugar muffins
As we prepare for the fall, we are thinking of cool air, leaves, and warm recipes. Baking is one of our favorite things to do when the weather cools off, and we love a good cinnamon muffin recipe.
I love how this recipe combines some of our favorite recipes and flavors, which is why I think it’s the best cinnamon-sugar muffin recipe out there. These mini banana bites kinda remind me of banana bread muffins, but then the cinnamon sugar topping is giving me donuts! I think this recipe is easy to make and uses common baking ingredients you probably already have at home.
Try our banana cinnamon muffins
Whether you are looking for make-ahead breakfast solutions (like these blueberry pancake bites) or a small snack, these mini muffins are the perfect-sized bites for little hands and for us adults who don’t necessarily want to eat a whole muffin all at once.
You will need to use a mini muffin pan for this recipe, and make sure you have 2 over-ripe bananas as well. Get the recipe for these banana and cinnamon muffins below. Also, while you’ve got your baking hat on, try our sweet & savory mini cornbread muffin recipe. It’s a really good one!
Mini Banana Cinnamon Sugar Muffins Recipe
Makes 24 muffins
- Bananas, slightly over-ripe
- Baking soda
Step 1: Prep oven and mini muffin pan
First, you will begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray, or use mini muffin liners, if you have them.
Step 2: Combine muffin ingredients in a large bowl
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and combine banana, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Now add the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined and do not over mix.
Step 3: Bake your cinnamon sugar muffins
Spoon the banana cinnamon muffin batter into each muffin tin cup and fill each one about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 4: Top muffins with butter & cinnamon sugar
Grab two smaller bowls, one for the butter and one for the cinnamon sugar. In one bowl, melt the butter, and in the second bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar topping for the muffins. You will dip the tops of each mini muffin into the melted butter first, then roll them into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Once you’re done, it’s time to eat them! Serve warm.
Mini Banana Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- mini muffin pan
- 3/4 cup butter melted (1.5 sticks)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 bananas over-ripened
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar topping
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray, or use mini muffin liners, if you have them.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and ripened banana, mashing it up as you go. Stir until completely combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined and do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin cups and fill each one able 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins about 5-10 minutes to cool. Gently wiggle muffins out of the tin.
- For the cinnamon sugar topping, add melted butter to one small bowl and cinnamon sugar to another small bowl. Dip the tops of the muffins into the melted butter, then the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Tips to make healthy banana muffins
- For healthier banana muffins without butter – Replace the butter in our recipe with your favorite butter substitute. Some use oil, yogurt, margarine, and even apple sauce! Here is a good list of butter substitutes to try, make sure you are using the correct ratio for the substitute you choose.
- For muffins with less sugar – You can skip the cinnamon sugar topping instructions and leave the tops of the banana cinnamon muffins plain. You can also use your favorite 1:1 sugar substitute in place of the regular white sugar in this recipe.
- Fun things to add to muffins – You can throw some fruit, like blueberries, dried cranberries, or cherries, and nuts, such as pecans and walnuts, or whatever you like into the batter to add some additional flavor and fun!
Enjoy your fall baking!
Try our banana cinnamon muffin recipe, these mini bites are warm, delicious, and so perfect for fall baking! We also enjoy this chocolate chip banana bread recipe with 2 bananas and these pumpkin spice muffins with streusel topping (they are really good if you love pumpkin). What kind of muffins do you love to make?
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Leave a Comment