This healthy pumpkin pie smoothie recipe is perfect for the fall season, plus it packs a punch of protein that we need to build muscle each day. If you love pumpkin-flavored everything, try this easy pumpkin smoothie recipe!
Healthy Protein Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Ahhhh… the holidays are coming! It is my favorite time of year, and I love to eat right along with the season. I love everything about fall, especially the flavors, and pumpkin is at the top of the list! One thing I really try to be conscious of is how much I am eating, it is so easy to overeat at all of the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and holiday parties and events and I can’t lose sight of my health.
This easy pumpkin smoothie is a great way to enjoy ‘pumpkin pie’ without the guilt. Don’t worry, you can still eat the real thing in moderation, and let me tell you, these pumpkin chiffon pie bars are definitely happening soon!
Try our pumpkin protein smoothie
I have been on a protein smoothie kick for the past few months. When I went to visit with NOW Foods, I got a bunch of different products and I have been putting the protein supplements to good use. We made a loaf of pumpkin bread and had some pumpkin puree leftover and as I looked in the refrigerator for my fruits and almond milk, I saw the pumpkin and thought, “Ooohhh, totally trying this in a smoothie!”
Pumpkin pie smoothie recipe with protein
If you are a big fan of all things pumpkin, you’re in luck! Get into the fall spirit without sacrificing your health goals and try this delicious pumpkin pie smoothie recipe – containing all of your favorite things about pumpkin spice, but with healthful, nutrient-packed natural ingredients!
Ingredients for this healthy pumpkin protein shake:
(makes 2 servings)
- almond or coconut milk
- pumpkin puree
- NOW® Sports Vanilla Protein Powder (Whey or plant based)
- pure maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
- ice cubes
- roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
Step 1: Combine pumpkin smoothie ingredients
To start making this easy pumpkin smoothie recipe, add the milk, pumpkin, banana, protein powder, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice ingredients to your blender. Top with ice cubes and cover. Make sure you put in the milk first, so that other ingredients do not stick to the blender cup.
Step 2: Blend smoothie ingredients mixture until creamy
Next, blend ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes, ensuring everything is well blended. If there are any chunks remaining, unplug your blender, open and stir the smoothie mixture (watch the blade), and cover and re-blend for another 30 seconds or so. You can also add a little bit more liquid if you want to thin the mixture out a little bit.
Step 3: Garnish your healthy pumpkin shake and serve
Lastly, to serve, pour the pumpkin pie smoothie into mason jar glasses. To garnish, dust the tops with more pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds on top. Pop in a straw and you’re ready to enjoy your pumpkin pie smoothie!
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie with Protein
- 1 blender
- 1½ cups almond or coconut milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana sliced and frozen (optional)
- 2 scoops NOW® Sports Vanilla Protein Powder Whey or plant based
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 6-8 ice cubes
- roasted pumpkin seeds optional
- Add the milk, pumpkin, banana, protein powder, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice ingredients to your blender. Top with ice cubes and cover (add the milk to the blender cup first to prevent the other ingredients from sticking).
- Blend ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes. If chunks remain of ingredients are stuck, unplug your blender, open and stir the smoothie mixture (watch the blade), add a splash of additional milk, and cover and re-blend for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the pumpkin pie smoothie mixture into a mason jar glass. To garnish, dust the tops with more pumpkin pie spice and sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
Pumpkin spice smoothie-making tips:
- Slice and freeze your bananas about an hour before you want to make your healthy pumpkin smoothie
- To make your smoothie thinner – add more milk
- Make your smoothie thicker – Add more banana, a little plain Greek yogurt, or try it with almond butter
- To make your smoothie colder – add extra ice cubes
- Tone down the pumpkin flavor – use 1/2 cup pumpkin, or add extra milk
- To make the smoothie sweeter – add another 1/2 tsp. of maple syrup
Enjoy this pumpkin smoothie recipe!
I am definitely adding this to the smoothie menu year-round, it’s just that good! There are a great number of nutrients that these ingredients bring. The banana has lots of potassium and magnesium, the pumpkin is a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber, and both almond and coconut milk have a variety of vitamins and minerals, and obviously, the NOW Foods Whey protein powder gives you the protein you need to keep muscles strong for the day.
I hope you love this pumpkin spice protein smoothie, just like I do!
More pumpkin recipes to try
- Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Streusel Topping Recipe
- 25 Easy Pumpkin Desserts & Sweet Pumpkin Recipes To Try