These Thai chicken wonton cups are such a flavorful appetizer to make. Try these mini wonton finger foods at your next party or event, it is such an easy Thai chicken appetizer idea!
Asian wonton cup appetizers
It’s always fun to entertain at parties, events, and even on game days, and we’ve got a great Thai chicken appetizer idea to help you feed your guests. If you love the taste of Thai, this easy appetizer recipe is a must-try for your next Asian food appetizer. I know we’ll be watching football games with friends and family and munching on this delicious appetizer together!
Mini Thai Chicken Wonton Cups Recipe
Looking for game day appetizer ideas? No matter what game you’re watching, small bites are the perfect way to snack. This Thai chicken appetizer is a great way to entertain guests, serve these easy Thai chicken wonton cups at your next event! Check our wonton cups filling recipe below and also, if you love chicken wings, try our Thai peanut chicken wings appetizer recipe.
makes 24 wontons
- Wonton wrappers
- Chicken thighs
- Hoisin sauce
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Green onions
- Cashews (optional)
How to make wonton cups in a muffin tin
Start making this Thai chicken appetizer by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease each cup in the mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Separate each wonton wrapper and press them down into each cup, molding the wonton to the inside of the pan. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
To make the chicken wonton filling
While the wonton cups are baking, cut the chicken thighs into pieces and saute them in a non-stick pan for 4-5 minutes, or until brown. Reduce heat to low, stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, and optional cashews. Add all of the veggies, stir until they are coated and thoroughly combined, and cover for about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow the chicken mixture to cool. Dice it up into small pieces, spoon into each wonton cup. Serve on a platter, spice up the presentation, and sprinkle with green onions and crushed cashews if you have some extra! Also, if you’re a fan of spicy foods, add a little crushed red pepper.
Thai chicken wonton cups appetizer recipe
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs trimmed
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. carrots shredded
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 c. green onions diced
- 1/2 c. cilantro diced
- 1/2 c. cabbage diced
- 1/4 c. cashews crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease each cup in the mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Separate wonton wrappers and press them down into each individual cup, molding the wonton to the inside of the pan. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs into small pieces and saute them in a non-stick pan for 4-5 minutes, or until browned. Reduce heat to low, stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, and optional cashews.
- Next, add all of the veggies and stir until they are coated and thoroughly combined. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the chicken mixture to cool. Dice chicken up into smaller pieces and evenly spoon into each wonton cup.
- Place wonton cups on a platter or serving dish and sprinkle with a few more green onions and crushed cashews.
We hope you enjoy this Thai chicken appetizer
These Asian chicken wonton cups are really an easy appetizer to make for any occasion. They taste great, too! Now all I have to do is buy a few more muffin pans so we can double and triple the recipe to make more than 24 wontons at a time. Enjoy!
More appetizer recipes to love
- 5 Tips To Make A Crowd-Pleasing Hummus Appetizer Platter
- Homemade Oven Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipe
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites Appetizer Recipe