Wondering if it’s better to wash dishes in the dishwasher or by hand? I am partnering with Cascade to share the facts about washing your dishes at home, and how you can choose the most efficient option for your home, and save some time and money in the process!
How do you wash your dishes? No matter what you’re eating at home, most of us are bound to have to tackle the dishes throughout the week. This means cleaning pots and pans, plates, bowls, utensils, serving dishes, glasses, and a host of other dishes. I know that we like to rinse the food off of our dishes, which can run us a good amount of time and use lots of energy and water! I am into efficiency and reducing my carbon footprint, so I wonder: Is it better to wash dishes in the dishwasher, or by hand?
Cascade is a leading dish washing detergent brand that gets my dishes sparkling clean every time I use it! They have done numerous studies over the years where they’ve learned about consumer dish washing habits at home and monitor the amounts of water and electricity that we use. So, yes, Cascade KNOWS the best way to do the dishes, and the answer to the question was quite surprising!
Is It Better To Wash Dishes In The Dishwasher Or By Hand?
According to Cascade’s research, the simple answer is the dishwasher. While it seems as though you’re using a lot of water and electricity each time you run a cycle, it’s actually the opposite!
- Lots of factors lead to the cleanliness of dishes: the hottest possible water, and the longer amount of time contributes to the success of your load.
- Most dishwashers use 4-6 gallons of water per cycle. When you hand wash your dishes, most people fill the sink and leave the water running to rinse, using 20+ gallons for the same dishes. That’s a huge difference!
- Many people pre-treat their dishes, including scraping off food, soaking, rinsing, and which adds an additional 12+ gallons of water usage to the process.
- People claim to hand wash their dishes daily, while you may only run the dish washer 1-2 times per week.
- Cascade has created their Cascade Platinum ActionPacs, which adds the perfect amount of detergent to the dishwasher, and provides 3-times more film-fighting power to clean through stuck-on food in one wash. It’s formula contains grease-fighting power and a built-in rinse aid that prevents hard-water filming on both your dishes and the dishwasher.
Start using the dishwasher again!
Is it better to wash dishes in the dishwasher or by hand? Absolutely! I don’t know about you all, but I have definitely switched from hand washing to using the dishwasher a couple times per week! The Cascade Platinum ActionPacs are my favorite – simply toss one pac into the dish washing liquid dispenser, close the door, and start the machine. No mess, no fuss, super easy! And the dishes? Perfection.
Grab Cascade Platinum ActionPacs, put the dishes into the dishwasher, and let it go to work. Visit CascadeClean.com for more information, and check out the Cascade YouTube channel for how-to videos. Also, print out these Cascade coupons for your next purchase, there’s one for the Cascade Platinum ActionPacs!