Craving a sweet treat? This homemade glazed lemon poppy seed donuts recipe is so good! Try this easy baked donuts recipe at home!
Easy baked lemon donuts
We love baking, especially during the winter months, and these homemade glazed lemon poppy seed donuts recipe is so fun to try. I personally love the taste of lemon baked goods, and I feel like they are reminiscent of the coming spring and summer seasons.
As we all long for warmer days, we are getting ready to bake with the delicious flavor of lemon! Grab your donut pans, these donuts are made with everyday baking ingredients, plus a few extras. Sprinkle a few poppy seeds on top and you’ve got yourself a delicious, lemony treat!
Why are these lemon poppy donuts pink?
These donuts have a super fun ingredient that changes the color and adds a little more flavor to the donut batter. You’ll have to check out the recipe ingredient list below, a simple, and fun addition that you should have in your refrigerator at home!
Homemade Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
These lemon donuts are baked like cake donuts and taste amazing. If you are looking for a healthier baked donuts recipe, give this one a try.
Ingredients for lemon poppyseed doughnuts:
- Dry yeast
- Lemon juice
- Sour cream
- Strawberry jam
- Poppy seeds
Mix lemon cake donut ingredients & bake
Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a donut baking dish with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
In a mixer add the milk, lemon juice, eggs, butter, sour cream, and strawberry jam. Mix for 2 minutes. Slowly incorporate the flour and sugar mix into the mixer. Mix until a sticky dough is formed. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour. Scoop the dough into the donut pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
How to make the lemon glaze
While the donuts are baking, combine the sugar, milk, butter, and lemon juice in the mixer to make the lemon glaze. Remove the donuts from the oven and the pan. Cover the donuts with the glaze and sprinkle poppy seeds over them. Serve and enjoy!
Easy Baked Lemon Poppyseed Donuts Recipe
- 1 donut pan
Lemon poppyseed cake donuts
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 0.6 oz package active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
Lemon poppyseed glaze ingredients
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a donut baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add the milk, lemon juice, eggs, butter, sour cream, and strawberry jam to your mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Slowly add the flour and sugar mix into the mixer.
- Mix until a sticky dough is formed. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour. Scoop the dough into the donut pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- To make the lemon glaze, combine the sugar, milk, butter, and lemon juice in your mixer.
- Remove donuts from the oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, and loosen them from the donut pan. Cover the donuts with the glaze and sprinkle poppy seeds over the top of the lemon glaze.
I hope you love this baked donuts recipe!
We love a good homemade donut recipe and this one does not disappoint! Let us know what you think about this baked glazed donut recipe with lemon and poppyseeds. Enjoy!
More dessert recipes to try
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars Dessert Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
- 28 of the Best Lemon Dessert Recipes