Here’s a fresh summer appetizer you’ve got to try. I am partnering with ALDI to share this amazing fresh lemon fruit bruschetta recipe, made with quality ingredients from the ALDI Test Kitchen!
Lemon bruschetta appetizer recipe
As we kick off the summer season with pool parties and fun outdoor events, it’s lovely to be able to bring something to the table. These fresh lemon fruit bruschetta bites are easy to make, healthful, and so, so good. As part of my partnership, ALDI, sent over a huge package so that I could try out some of the products they carry.
Look at all of this good stuff, this isn’t even everything! I have more than enough ingredients to make this savory lemon appetizer.
- SimplyNature ® Organic Quinoa
- California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- SimplyNature ® Organic Asian Ginger Dressings
- SimplyNature ® Organic Black Beans
- SimplyNature ® Organic Garbanzo Beans
- SimplyNature ® Organic Kidney Beans
- Southern Grove Chia Seeds
- Southern Grove Chopped Walnuts
- Barissimo Coffee
- L.R. Rice Raw & Unfiltered Local Southern California Honey
- Choceur Milk Chocolate with Hazelnuts
- SimplyNature ® Organic 100% Apple Juice
- liveGfree ® Gluten Free Multiseed Crackers
- A variety of Stonemill Essentials seasonings
There are so many delicious recipes that I want to try, and the very first one had to be this amazing fresh lemon fruit bruschetta recipe. Savor the flavors of this delicious summer appetizer – toasted baguette slices are topped with a lemon cream cheese spread, fresh cut fruit, and finished with a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of basil. It is simply magnificent!
Fresh Lemon Fruit Bruschetta Recipe
adapted from this recipe from the ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 Specially Selected French Baguette
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 8 ounces Happy Farms Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ cup fresh mixed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, mango)
- 2 tablespoons L.R. Rice Raw & Unfiltered Local Southern California Honey
- 4 basil leaves, sliced (or use Stonemill Essentials dried basil)
Let’s get started on this lemon flavored appetizer
Fire up your oven’s broiler, slice baguette into ½-inch round pieces and brush tops with olive oil. Place each piece (oil brushed side up) on a cookie sheet and broil until tops are slightly brown. Remove and allow a few minutes to cool.
In a mixing bowl, cream together lemon juice, lemon zest, cream cheese, and water. Stir until nice and smooth, and all ingredients are combined. Spread this lovely lemon cream cheese mixture on top of each baguette, then top with a spoonful of fruit, drizzle with honey, and finally, top with basil. OMG.
You have got to try this fresh lemon fruit bruschetta recipe, it’s the perfect summer appetizer! Stop by ALDI grocery store to pick up everything you need to make these little bite sized delights, ALDI is now in Southern California! Visit the ALDI website for locations and follow along with ALDI on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
This post was sponsored by ALDI.