We all love a good, warm comfort food recipe, and this one-pot chicken and sausage chili pasta recipe is hearty, warm, delicious, and full of healthful ingredients! This post is sponsored by Foster Farms.
A tasty chili macaroni recipe
September is one of the busiest months of the year in our household. My kids go back to school, extracurricular activities begin, I turn another year older, and I travel more and more for work each year – and this seems to be the month it all happens!
As we keep busy and the weather cools, I am thankful for the family moments we share at the dinner table. We love a good hearty soup, and chili tends to be one of our favorites of the fall season (see this southwestern chicken and black bean chili recipe, it is a staple in our home). This one pot chicken and sausage chili pasta has quickly become a family favorite – super easy for me to make and a warm and hearty meal that we all love to eat!
Chicken and chili pasta recipe
There’s a new comfort food movement in town, which includes making smart decisions about the foods we eat in our everyday lives. In this one-pot chicken and sausage chili recipe, I chose to use Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken, an all-natural, fresh choice that is simply raised, locally, without hormones or antibiotics. Making health-conscious decisions has become a part of my daily life, and I appreciate the fact that I am able to do so with all-natural food choices. I am definitely on board with this new comfort food movement!
Try making this simple, hearty one-pot chili pasta comfort food recipe at home. This recipe is kind of like chili macaroni. We decided to make some good old-fashioned chili, but add a twist on this traditional favorite comfort food. You’ll love the warmth and taste!
One-pot chicken and sausage chili pasta
- Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Breast, cubed
- Smoked sausage, sliced
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Chicken broth
- Kidney beans
- Elbow noodles
- Seasonings: chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, thyme
Step 1: Brown the chicken breast
To get started, you’ll need a large skillet or pot with a lid. Melt butter in your skillet over medium heat, and chopped onion, minced garlic, and chicken breast cubes. Stir for 3 -5 minutes until the chicken is slightly browned.
Step 2: Add chili ingredients to the pot
Add all other ingredients into the pot – the sausage, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, kidney beans, noodles, and seasonings – stir to combine. If all noodles are not submerged under the liquid, add an extra 1/2 cup of chicken broth until they are. Turn up the heat to high and bring it to a boil.
Step 3: Cover and simmer the chili pasta
Once it’s boiling, turn down the heat to low, give it one more good stir, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Your one pot chicken sausage chili pasta is ready! Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese and green onions (optional, but delicious).
One-Pot Chicken and Sausage Chili Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Breast cubed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb. smoked sausage sliced
- 1 - 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 16 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 cup large elbow noodles
- Seasonings 1 tbsp. chili powder, 2 tsp. cumin, 2 tsp. oregano, 2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. thyme
- Optional toppings: cheddar cheese, green onions
- In a large skillet, melt butter in your skillet over medium heat, and saute onion, garlic, and chicken breast cubes. Stir for 3 -5 minutes until chicken is slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients into the pot – sausage, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, kidney beans, elbow noodles, and seasonings – stir to combine. Ensure that all ingredients are submerged under the liquid. If they are not, add an extra 1/2 cup of chicken broth until they are. Turn up the heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat to low, stir once more, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with shredded cheddar cheese and green onions.
Enjoy this healthy, warm comfort food recipe!
We really enjoyed this one pot chicken chili pasta recipe, it came out so filling and so good! I take pride in knowing that my family is eating fresh, natural ingredients, and high-quality Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken helps us stay mindful with our daily health goals. Enjoy!
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
This looks really good. My husband would love it.
This looks so delicious! What a good, warm meal on a chilly night!
This looks amazing!!! Will certainly be trying this out this week! Thank you for sharing.
I like one pot recipes! They’re easy and hardly no clean up! 🙂
That looks so good! I love easy recipes~ thanks!
Looks delicious! Thank you for the recipe
This looks so good.
Definitely a have to make soon!