Remember how I told you that I couldn’t wait to take the kids to see the new Cars Land in Disney’s California Adventure Park? Well, the time is coming near, I want to make it there before the summer ends since MJ is starting kindergarten this year. *tear* I am planning to stay in Anaheim for the weekend and it’s an absolute must that we get a room at the Disneyland Resort and Hotel!
See, as a child, I never got the chance to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We’d drive by, ooh-ing and aah-ing at the very sight of it. It looked so magical, so huge, so fun! I was there for the very first time last month, and even as an adult, I was giddy (judge me). At that point, I decided that my family HAD to stay there too, so we will!
I was thinking that a Friday-Saturday stay would do just fine, but on second thought, we really need another day at the Disneyland Hotel. In addition to all of the fun at Disneyland and California Adventure theme parks, the hotel in itself has so many cool things to do.
- The hotel was recently improved, boasting luxurious rooms with modern amenities and that special touch of Disney. Each of the rooms have an enchanted Sleeping Beauty headboard that plays a soothing melody and lights up the night.
- Take a dip in our choice of 3 swimming pools, one, the Monorail Pool, has 2 water slides that I might just be the first to try! There is also the Mickey and Minnie Spa outdoor hot tubs and cabanas to relax in.
- Visit the 3 towers that explore Disneyland’s history: The Frontier, Adventure and Fantasy towers are decked out with Disney art work and memorabilia.
- If you want to go all out, rent one of the Disneyland Hotel’s signature suites. Party like a princess in the Fairy Tale suite or enjoy your stay as a pirate in the Pirates of the Caribbean suite. Aarrggh!
- There are dining options for all occasions. We can choose to enjoy a casual meal at the Tangaroa Terrace, eat a fun buffet-style meal with Goofy and his pals at Goofy’s Kitchen, or wine and dine at Steakhouse 55.
- There is a Magic Morning early entry at Disneyland for all Disneyland Hotel guests. So, we can enjoy the park early, head back to the hotel for some rest, relaxation and fun!
- At night, you can head over to Trader Sam’s Tiki Bar for some live island music, dancing and fun by the fire place.
- The Disneyland Hotel is in walking distance to both parks.
Here are a few photos that I took while I was there. I was alone and I only got to stay for one night, so it is sure to be much more fun with my family there!
Ok, I am excited already! The eventual HUGE vacation plan is to make it out to Disney World in Florida and stay at one of the Disney Resorts there. We’ll have to wait a couple of years and save a couple thousand dollars.
Check out the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, California. You won’t be disappointed, it truly adds to the magic that is Disney.
Disclosure: I attended all events on behalf of Disney. Everything I share is all mine.