ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? These football game day food ideas are perfect to try if you’re headed to a game day event! The big Sunday game is around the corner and as football lovers, we couldn’t be more excited!
Game day appetizer recipes
Can you believe that it’s the 50th NFL Super Bowl? It has been such a long-standing tradition to get together, eat and enjoy one of America’s favorite sports: FOOTBALL! Whether you’re a Broncos fan, a Panthers fan, or your team just didn’t make the cut this year, it’s always fun to watch the big game. Here are some of the best game day foods to hook up your football party menu – make your favorite super bowl recipes and bring them to the party!
22 Must-Try Super Bowl Food Ideas for Game Day
Speaking of game day parties – if you are headed to one, print out these free printable football bingo cards to play while you watch the game. These are so much fun!
1. Pepperoni and Cheese Football Pizza – Eclectic Recipes
Love this idea, it’s one of my favorite football party appetizers! The dough is shaped into a football, topped, and baked to perfection. I totally want to try this one!
2. Bacon and Cheese Ranch Dip – A Spectacled Owl
Whether you’re serving crackers, chips or fresh carrots and celery, this bacon, cheese, and ranch dip recipe is the perfect match!
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Footballs – Life, Love, and Sugar
Take a look at these sweet chocolate-dipped cookie dough bites, perfectly shaped like little footballs – some of the best Super Bowl food ideas!
4. Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites – Honey + Lime
We made these tasty little eats with bacon, chicken breast, and Ritz crackers. These bite-sized morsels are delicious, this one is a must-try-now game day appetizer recipe.
5. Giant Snack Stadium, the “Snackadium” – Still Learning In This Life
This is the ultimate Super Bowl food chips and dip platter! Surrounded by a giant Rice Krispies Treat, this stadium has different kinds of chips and sandwiches, and on the football field, salsa, cheese, and guacamole as dips. OMG. HERE’S WHERE YOU CAN BUY THE GIANT PLATTER.
6. Football Pizza Pockets – Picture The Recipe
Piping hot pizza inside of a football pocket. Nuff said.
7. Football brownie bites – The Nerd’s Wife
I am a huge fan of chocolate desserts, so these football brownies are perfect for your next game day party. When you pipe on a little white frosting, instant footballs!
8. Chili in a Football Bread Bowl – Jeanne Benedict
Chili in a giant football-shaped bread bowl. Guests can spoon themselves a hearty bowl!
9. Bacon Double Cheeseburger Dip – Closet Cooking
Oh. My. Gosh. Please take a look at this bacon cheeseburger dip, it looks amazing!
10. Oven Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Honey + Lime
Mozzarella sticks have always been popular crowd-pleasers. They’re the perfect football party finger food, only this time, they’re baked!
11. Ranch Rosemary Chicken Kabobs – The Suburban Mom
Using fresh chicken breast, rosemary, and ranch, these kabobs are a healthy and flavorful option that your guests won’t soon forget.
12. Bacon Wrapped Cheese Hot Dogs – Barbara Bakes
Hot dogs always tend to be a crowd favorite, so you can spruce them up this year with bacon and cheese!
13. Cocoa Football Rice Krispies Treat – Jeanne Benedict
I love this one! A giant Rice Krispies Treat is transformed into a cocoa football. You’ll need to BUY A SPECIAL FOOTBALL SHAPED PAN to make this one! Totally worth it!
14. Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball – Shugary Sweets
This is a fun twist on a traditional savory cheese ball. OREO® cookies and chocolate chips sweeten up the cream cheese, such a cute idea!
15. Spicy Deviled Egg Footballs – Texas Type A Mom
This one looks really good! If you love deviled eggs, you’ll enjoy this spicy football version! Slivered chives make the laces, such a cute idea!
16. Crusted Jalapeno Poppers – Must Have Mom
Your spicy food-loving friends will love these Super Bowl food ideas! Jalapeno poppers are popular finger food and these are crusted with a special ingredient, try them out!
17. Easy “Totchos” with Bacon – Texas Type A Mom
Ok, this one is a little different. Think baked potatoes and nachos, the combination sounds so good!
18. Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Pizza Sticks – Inspired Taste
Make this buffalo chicken on a pizza, cut it into strips. Easy finger food idea for parties!
19. Chocolate football-shaped truffles – The Suburban Mom
These tasty little truffles are full of chocolatey goodness, and they’re made with almond milk. Non-dairy, y’all, get the game day recipe!
20. Mini Buffalo Chicken Sliders – All Things Mamma
Ok, these look really good, and people LOVE sliders. Fresh, shredded chicken mixed with tasty buffalo sauce, these are on my list to try! YOU CAN BUY THE WHITE WAVY SERVING PLATTER HERE.
21. Honey BBQ Slow Cooker Wings – Mom Spotted
WINGS. These are hands down my favorite game day appetizer, and honey BBQ makes them even better! Set and forget in your slow cooker, such an easy Super Bowl food ideas!
22. Thai Chicken Mini Wonton Cups – Honey + Lime
These little cups are pretty tasty! Thai-inspired chicken in mini baked wonton cups make for great individual grab-and-go appetizers! You’ll need a muffin pan to make these.
Enjoy your Super Bowl game party!
We hope you love these ideas for game day food! More football game day food recipes and ideas…
Football party supplies and favors pack – cups, plates, napkins, banner, table cloth, balloons, and more decor
Easy loaded BBQ chicken potato skins recipe
Football Craft Ideas: How To Make Football Party Pails
14 Games to Play at Your Super Bowl Party