We have some awesome Star Wars printable Valentines to share with you all, these lightsaber glow stick Valentines cards! This free Valentine’s Day printable is perfect for any Jedi – pass them out at school and the force will be with you this Valentine’s Day!
Free Star Wars Printable Valentines: Lightsaber Glow Stick Valentines Cards
So we love Star Wars around here, and we wanted to create some fun Star Wars Valentines day cards to pass out to the classroom. What makes these light saber Valentines so cool? Real GLOW STICKS! We got the idea to use glow sticks as lightsabers and the rest is history!
These candy free glow stick Valentines cards are a hit in classrooms, there’s already enough sugar to go around, and the Star Wars theme is all the rage for both boys and girls these days! Lightsaber Valentines are so much fun, learn how to make these free Star Wars printable Valentines day cards with the tutorial below, so easy, affordable and fun!
Star Wars Valentines: DIY Light Saber Printable Valentine Cards
- white card stock paper
- Print this Star Wars Valentine card PDF
- color printer
- 8″ bracelet glow sticks (one per Valentine, possibly extras for errors)
- clear tape
1. First, you’ll need to print out the Star Wars Valentines printable PDF. It is a simple one page color document with 4 Valentine’s on it, with different color light sabers. So, if you need 20 Valentine’s, you’ll print out 5 sheets. If you need 27 Valentine’s, you’ll print out 7 sheets. Got it? GOOD.
2. Cut out each Star Wars Valentine’s day cards, they’re about 4 inches, or the width of my iPhone 6. I chose to use 4 colors of glow sticks to match the ones on the cards. You don’t have to do this, but it looks awesome with all of the colors: pink, blue, green and yellow!
3. If you’d like, have your child write “from Johnny” or whatever you want on the back to show classmates who the Valentine is from. At this point, AN ADULT should cut slits with scissors or an exacto knife right on both sides of the heart. This is where you’ll insert the glow sticks. Make sure your slits are big enough to fit the size of each stick.
4. Carefully slide the glow stick connectors to the middle of the stick, insert the glow stick into the top of the Valentine card on one end and back up through the bottom on the other side. The glow stick connector should be in the very middle of the glow stick, on the back of the card. Tape right in the middle to secure.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO CRACK THE GLOW STICKS! I’m sure the kids would love to do that on their own when they’re ready. I cracked the glow sticks in my photos for presentation 🙂 You can choose to pre-crack the glow sticks if you want, maybe if you’re making these very close to party time. If you crack them too soon, they’ll die out. he, how will they battle with their lightsaber glow stick Valentines?
That’s pretty much it! Aren’t these Star Wars printable Valentines just the cutest?! My kids were thrilled and they both asked me to make enough Star Wars Valentines for their classrooms. At about 25¢, that’s really no problem!
May the FORCE be with you this Valentine’s Day!
More free printable Valentines Day cards…