These patriotic 4th of July crafts for kids are such fun red, white, and blue activities! Celebrate the coming Independence Day holiday with these creative fourth of July craft ideas.
Red, white, and blue crafts
America the beautiful! We have a list of some fun patriotic crafts and projects for kids for Independence Day that we wanted to share.
As July 4th approaches, try some of these fun projects at home. from painting to gluing and everything in between, you will love creating these 4th of July crafts for kids!
Make the fourth of July holiday a fun one by making some of these craft ideas for preschoolers, school-age kids, and toddlers to teach and celebrate America’s history. Learn how to make red white and blue crafts for kids this July 4th!
20 Easy Patriotic 4th of July Crafts for Kids
The day of America’s Independence is almost here, which means families all over the country will be celebrating with friends, food, and FUN!
If you enjoy crafting with your kids, here are a few ideas for easy crafts for Independence Day celebrations that you can make at home. Learn how to make 4th of July crafts with these great tutorials.
1. Stamped Stars and Stripes craft – Ever made your own stamps? Crystal at Kid Things made star stamps – out of straws – and created this cute striped flag!
2. Patriotic Wreath – I love this wreath by Coffee with Us 3, made with painted clothespins! This is a fun July 4th holiday activity to make.
3. Tissue Paper Flag Suncatchers – This looks like a cute one, Formula Mom uses red, white, and blue tissue squares and a little glue to make an American flag. Hang it in the window and watch the sunshine through!
4. Popsicle Stick Flag Craft – How cute is this one? Jen at The Suburban Mom made these cute flags out of popsicle sticks, my kids would love to make these.
5. Patriotic Marshmallow Star Shooters – These are edible, and all the way Patriotically fun! Cute star-shaped marshmallows are sugared and skewed, use them as 4th of July decoration, or gobble them up!
6. American Flag Cookie Dessert – Imagine decorating a huge sugar cookie with fruits and decorating in red, white, and blue? That’s what Graceful Little Honey Bee made when they created this edible masterpiece!
8. DIY July 4th Fireworks T-Shirts – Wear your spirit on your tee with this fun craft, you can make your own fireworks t-shirt with this tutorial from Yellow Tennessee. Kids can help with this one, too.
More fun fourth of July crafts
9. Exploding Pipe Cleaner Fireworks Rings – Look at these exploding fireworks rings, how cute! Take a look at Mom Dot‘s tutorial and make these at home, they’re twisty, sparkly, and give an explosion without the actual blast! I love the idea.
10. Fourth of July Straw Sparklers – Momtastic put together a bunch of paper straws to make these cute DIY sparklers! Visit her post to learn how you can make these with your kids to celebrate the 4th of July.
11. Edible Candy Art – Decorate cakes, cookies, cupcakes, and other foods with red, white, and blue candies! This cake by All In A Day’s Work looks yummy and serves as the perfect decoration or 4th of July events.
12. Patriotic Pencil holder craft – This fun 4th of July crafts for kids idea from Surviving a Teachers Salary is a fun way to decorate your desk for the holiday!
13. Kids patriotic handprint craft – Paint your child’s hand as an American flag and use it as a stamp! Such a fun idea.
14. DIY patriotic windsock – This is one of the most fun 4th of July crafts for kids! Let the red, white, and blue ribbon colors flow in the wind to show your American pride!
15. Patriotic tin can planter craft – Red, white, and blue painted tin cans make this a fun decoration for the 4th of July! Use them as flower vases, or as a beautiful centerpiece.
16. Red, White, and Blue coffee filter prints – This fun craft uses patriotic colors, coffee filters, and a little bit of creativity to make fun prints!
17. Paper flower American flag – This giant paper flower American flag craft makes the perfect 4th of July party backdrop! Learn how to make it on The Craft Patch Blog.
18. Tye dye American flag towels – These towels by Live Free Creative are created with the red, white, and blue hues of the American flag with a popular tye-dying technique.
19. Patriotic kids blower craft – Grab cardboard tubes and paper streamers to make this fun kids craft for July 4th, created by Natural Beach Living!
20. DIY parade wands craft – Our friends at About A Mom made this cute wand craft for the 4th of July parades. Get the scissors ready – this project is a great fourth of July craft for preschoolers!
Have a great 4th of July holiday!
We hope you enjoy this list of 4th of July crafts for kids. Try making your favorite Patriotic art projects when you celebrate the holiday with your family. Which of these kid’s fourth of July ideas are your favorites?
More fun kids crafts and activities
- 19 Under the Sea Crafts for Kids & Ocean-Themed Crafts
- Fun DIY crafts for kids and art project ideas
- DIY Beaded Snowflake Ornaments & Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Easy Sunshine Tissue Paper Suncatcher Craft