Our easy no-bake lemon cream pie recipe is made with fresh lemons and cream cheese for a sweet, yet tart lemon treat!
Craving an easy, delicious no bake lemon pie?
As the spring and summer approach, we are ready for warm days and nights, and cool desserts! Sometimes it is just too hot to turn the oven on, so we made a really good lemon pie for dessert that doesn’t require baking.
Whether you have a lemon tree in your yard or just love the taste of lemons, this no bake lemon pie is a wonderful treat to make.
You will love this lemon cream cheese pie
If you love pies, you’ll love that this recipe is kind of like a no bake lemon cheesecake pie. It is made with cream cheese, fresh lemon juice, and more simple ingredients for a delicious and cool lemon dessert – no sweetened condensed milk needed!
If you want to make an easy lemon pie without condensed milk, give ours a try. I always start with a graham cracker crust (I buy a special pre-made gluten-free graham cracker crust), grab a few lemons at the store, and mix up the goodness ahead of time to be sure it is ready when we want to eat it.
Easy No-Bake Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
This lemon cream cheese pie is both easy to make and doesn’t require any baking at all. If you love the taste of a tangy, yet sweet lemon dessert, no need to pre-heat the oven – try making this easy lemon pie with graham cracker crust!
Ingredients needed for this creamy lemon pie:
- Cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
- Whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Graham cracker pie crust
Step 1: Combine lemon cream cheese pie ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest (use a special zester or even the fine side of a cheese grater), sugar, and optional food coloring. Use an electric mixer and beat until smooth and creamy. Next, add the cornstarch and mix until well blended.
Step 2: Pour lemon pie filling into graham cracker crust
Now, slowly add the lemon mixture to the graham cracker crust and spread it out evenly to the edges of the pie. Use a rubber spatula to make sure you get everything out of the bowl so the lemon mixture of the pie is nice and even. Try using the back of a large spoon if you don’t have one.
Step 3: Add creamy whipped topping to this lemon pie recipe
Slightly thaw out the whipped topping and stir it up in its own container until it is smooth and creamy. Gently spread the whipped topping over the top of the lemon mixture in the pie crust. I spread the whipped topping almost to the edges, I like when the yellow pie filling underneath shows.
Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the top of the pie and garnish with lemon slices.
Step 4: Refrigerate the lemon cream pie until it sets
Place your pie in the refrigerator and allow it to set for about 3-4 hours, preferably overnight. Cut this easy lemon cream pie into 6-8 slices and enjoy!
Easy No-Bake Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 - 8 oz. block cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3-5 drops yellow food coloring optional
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 oz. whipped topping thawed
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice, half of the lemon zest, sugar, and food coloring. Beat until smooth and creamy, then add the cornstarch and mix until well blended.
- Add the lemon mixture to the graham cracker crust and spread it out evenly with your spatula to the edges of the pie.
- Thaw out the whipped topping and stir it up in its own container until it is smooth and creamy. Gently spread the whipped topping over the top of the lemon mixture in the pie crust. Use about half of an 8-oz. container.
- Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the top of the pie and garnish with lemon wedges to mark the center of each of the slices.
- Place your pie in the refrigerator and allow it to set for about 3-4 hours, preferably overnight. Cut the lemon cream pie into 6-8 slices and serve.
A few creamy lemon pie recipe notes:
- I used about two large lemons for all of the lemon ingredients in this recipe.
- I chose to add food coloring because I like when the pie looks slightly yellow to reflect the lemon. This is not necessary and will not change the lemon flavor of the pie either way.
- If you would like to serve this pie sooner, place it in the freezer for about 2 hours instead of refrigerating it. Be sure to do this before cutting slices or it will fall apart.
You will love this easy lemon pie recipe!
Lemon lovers, rejoice – if you are looking for a cool and sweet dessert made with lemons, our cheese pie is the perfect recipe! This easy lemon pie without condensed milk turned out really good, it will please your whole family.
More cool dessert recipes
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars Dessert Recipe
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe
- Key Lime Pie Bars Recipe