Our fingerprint butterflies craft is such a fun spring project idea to do with kids! This is perfect for toddler and preschool-aged children who love to finger paint butterfly and caterpillar art.
Cute butterfly fingerprints craft
It is warming up outside and the birds are singing, so that can only mean one thing – SPRING is here! We love the spring season around here and if you have been around Honey + Lime for a while, you know we love to get crafty! (we have another fun coffee filter butterfly craft here).
We love this easy fingerprint butterflies art project for young kids. It is fun to get a little messy and fingerpaint, making this adorable butterfly art with caterpillars, grass, flowers, and more.
What a fun spring art project!
Spring is the perfect time to create a cute craft with little fingers! This fingerprint craft is adorable enough for framing and simple enough for even young children.
Fingerprint Butterflies Craft with Caterpillars
If you love a good creative project to do with toddlers and preschoolers, try painting this cute spring scene with butterflies, caterpillars, flowers, and more! Here is how you can create this fun spring-themed fingerpainting craft at home.
Materials needed for thumbprint butterflies:
- white construction paper or card stock
- washable spring color paints (you can use as many or as little as you like)
- paper plates
- baby wipes to wash paint off fingers
Make your fingerprint picture by following these simple instructions:
- Draw grass along the bottom of the white paper with your markers.
- Fingerprint flowers – Make 5 or 6 fingerprints in a circle (each print pointing outward) and add stems with a marker when the paint is dry.
- Fingerprint caterpillars – Use a thumbprint for the head of the caterpillar, then use smaller fingerprints to add the body. Add legs and an antenna with a marker when the paint is dry.
- Thumbprint butterfly – Make 4 thumbprints for the wings, 2 on each side (you can use the same color or different colors). You can make as many butterfly wings as you like. When the paint is dry, use a marker to add the body of the butterfly and antenna.
- Fingerprint sun – Use fingerprints to make a circle, then fill in the circle with more fingerprints.
- Fingerprint clouds – Make cloud formations with fingerprints. Fill in the clouds with fingerprints.
Enjoy these easy finger painting ideas for kids
We hope you love this fingerprint butterfly craft! Have fun and get creative – you can add trees and bushes as well as ladybugs and bumblebees to the picture, really anything that makes you think of spring! Older preschoolers or kindergartners can do this craft by themselves. This craft is still simple enough for younger kids, however, they will need a little guidance.
More fun spring crafts and ideas
- 20 Super Cute and Easy Flower Crafts for Kids To Make This Spring
- Easy Coconut Birds Nest Cookies for Easter
- DIY Rainbow Suncatcher Craft for Kids