Are your kids headed back to school? These grab and go food ideas for breakfast, lunch, and snack for kids are perfect to prepare for a smooth back-to-school season!
It’s that time again, folks! The kids are starting school and your schedule is looking busier than ever. Between work, exercise, sports, and life, it becomes a process to get the kids up and ready for school, get breakfast on the table, have a lunch packed, and have a snack ready when they get home. PHEW!
16 Grab and Go Food Ideas for School – Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
With a little planning, you can streamline the back-to-school process by providing breakfast, lunch, and snacks that your kids will love! Take the time to pre-make meals for school with these grab-and-go food ideas.
Here are some of my favorite back-to-school food ideas, some are savory, some are sweet, and most are healthy. Make them in advance so the kids can grab and go breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas!
On-the-go breakfast ideas
It is important to start the day off with the right fuel. These breakfast ideas for school are great for taking with you as you head out the door.
1. Cranberry Chocolate Chip Energy Bites with Oats – Honey + Lime
2. Mini Banana Cinnamon Sugar Muffins Recipe – Honey + Lime
3. Omelette in a Mug – Food Network
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars – Cake Whiz
5. Make-ahead blueberry pancake bites – Honey + Lime
Make ahead lunch ideas
These are not your ordinary peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, folks! If you need a healthy grab-and-go lunch, these are some fabulous ideas.
6. Pepperoni Pizza Bento Box Lunch – True Couponing
7. Chicken Taco Lunch Kit – Blommi
8. Turkey, Pesto, and Avocado Rolls – Honey + Lime
9. Corn Dog Muffins – Moments with Mandi
10. Easy bagel pizzas in the air fryer – Sizzling Eats
Easy grab-and-go snack ideas
These back-to-school snack ideas are perfect to pre-make and take with you to the classroom.
11. Cranberry Pretzel Cheerio Bars – Must Have Mom
12. Baked apple chips – Delighted Momma
13. Butterfly Snack Bags with fruit and crackers – Honey + Lime
14. String cheese pencils – Arts & Crackers
15. Applesauce pouches – My kids are big fans of these easy and healthy on-the-go snack ideas. We buy GoGo Squeez applesauce pouches, they have several flavor varieties with other fruits, veggies, and even yogurts as well (we also made a valentine with GoGoSqueez pouches!).
16. Strawberry yogurt and granola bars – Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Have a happy back-to-school season!
Enjoy these awesome grab-and-go breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas for your kids. I do hope it makes your back-to-school transition a little easier!
You can also check out this breakfast cereal for lunch idea, and our printable school lunch packing chart, which helps kids to pack their own lunch with the proper nutritional choices! What are your favorite grab-and-go breakfast, lunch, and snack ideas for kids?
Subscribe: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube
Thanks a bunch, you’re a lifesaver! I’m going to try the pesto avocado rolls, that sounds amazing. Can I freeze dry them after making a big batch?